Today on Jonathan and Kari's blog they went public with their dreams they shared with me in a recent interview. Kari writes,
Things we do know:
– Since leaving Senegal in 2004, we’ve wanted to go back.
– Jonathan is scheduled to finish his degree in 2010.
– Kari’s job is portable.
– We are planning to move to Senegal in 2011.
Typing that last one and seeing the words appear on the screen makes me feel absolutely crazy, yet sure.
How to participate with them in this dream,
What can you do?
– Keep us posted. My email address is linked to the right. We’d love to have your input, advice, recommendations, suggestions… For example, if you come across an article on starting a non-profit organization or learn of a company that ships luggage overseas inexpensively – let us know!
– Connect us. Do you know someone who is doing similar work? Do you know of an organization that provides health insurance for people living abroad? Get us connected with them, please.
– Join us. A big part of our dream is to bring in others to work with us. That could be spending 10 days teaching women a craft that they can sell to support their families, two weeks playing soccer with Talibes (child beggars) and treating their scabies infections, helping us find grants to fund community garden projects, or mailing a package of American foods for us to make ‘encouragement baskets’ for other Americans working in Senegal.
– Pray for us. We don’t know how to do any of this. We just know that right now, it’s all we want to do.
You should pop over and read between these lines.